The term media, which is the plural form of medium, is a means of communication that helps to store and deliver information or data. The purpose of media is to share information, read news, an advertise goods and service or message to the audience through the most appropriate media channel for their product. Is a mass media of communications industry, such as, Print Media, Broadcasting Media, Internet Media, and Outdoor or Out to Home (OOH) Media
This type of media used to be the only way of delivering or share information to the public. Since the generations of the 80s and 90s, print media was the only media of entertain. People base or depend on newspapers and magazines to learn everything, from recipes and entertainment news and also important information about the country or the world. Types Print Media are:
- Newspapers: They print and unlashed on a daily or weekly basis. You can get news about sports, politics, technology, science, local news, national news, international news, birth notices entertainment news like, movies /fashion, celebrities. This type of printed media, is still exiting till today.
- Magazines: They print this one weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. You can fine in it information’s about finance, food, lifestyle, fashion, sports, etc.
- Books and reports: This point on a particular topic or subject, giving the reader a chance to spread their knowledge about their favorite topic.
- Banners: Used to share informant about company’s services and products, hung on easily-noticed sights to attract people’s attention.
- Billboards: Huge advertisements print or created with the help of computers. Their purpose is to draw people attentions that are passing by.
- Brochures: Is a type of booklet that includes everything about one company – its products, services, terms and conditions, contact details, address, etc. It’s either they distribute with the newspapers or hand over to people.
- Flyers: Used mostly because of the small informant or advertisement in it. Like the basic information about a company, their name, logo, service or product, and they now distributed in public areas.
Broadcasting media are information shared or covers a wide range of different communication methods or network. Types of Broadcasting Media are:
- Television: In the past, there were a few channels sharing various informants, whereas now we have hundreds of TV channels to choose from. Now each channel delivers a different type of content, also has separate channel for news, drama, movies, sports, animation, nature, travel, politics, cartoon, and religion. It’s the number one or best broadcasting media due to its reach to the audience.
- Radio: This is simple to transmit information, entertaining and educative content to the public. Also, radio waves are used for advertising products and services. Radio is one of the oldest means of advertising, sharing information’s, and entertainment, and today some person often hear it to find out the weather and traffic while commuting. Due to its high reach to the audience.
- Movies: So which as, film, motion picture, screenplay, moving picture, it also has world-wide reach ability. It’s one of the best types of mass media to promote cultures and spread social awareness. Help share information’s and play a ralearity show, played a huge part in the entertainment world.
This day, we all depending or goes to the Internet to get the news or informants that we want, a lot more often than traditional news sources. This type of media comes as the form of video, text, and audio, to provide information. You can even choose the way you receive the news and information’s. Types of Internet media are:
- Social networks or websites: Is a social media platform such as, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Snapchat, MiChat, Quora, Reddit, Pinterest, etc. They are friendly with each other and used by people around the world. Although we can find any news there, they may be misleading because of the lack of regulations on the content shared. But we get to be careful.
- Online forums: Is place where we can comment, share messages, or discuss a particular topic. Also allow us to share knowledge with one another that has the same interest. That’s why it’s set as the best platform to seek help and assistance.
- Podcast: A series of audios pass and focused on a particular topic or theme. We can listen to them on a computer, also on your mobile phone. It’s also a platform that allows anyone to share their knowledge with each other and communicate with the world.
Outdoor or Out to Home (OOH) Media
Is any advertising that reaches consumers when they are outside of their homes; it’s not TV, Radio, Print, nor online advertising. It’s designed to grab the attention of people who are on the go or waiting in high dwell-time locations like (train stations, think waiting rooms, airport terminals, or subway platforms). Types of Outdoor or (OOH) Media are:
Bus benches: Is an excellent medium because it’s highly visible, like billboard. Essentially, bus bench advertisers have a huge audience, held captive at red lights or in slow-moving traffic. The advertising has only two-color artwork with the company name, address, phone number and brief describing of product or service.
Bridge: These types of advertising banners are on small bridges in busy highways or rush hour times. This type of outdoor advertising is not seen often unless you drive a lot.
Retail advertising: This kind of outdoor advertising keeps or helps the customer to be coming to shop more. Because this is a preferred place to advertise the goods.
Point of sale displays advertising: This is also integral parts of outdoor advertising, which allowed you to notice different product available at the billing counters. Some spontaneous or unpremeditated buyers opt for those products just by seeing them in front of their eyes while waiting for their turn to come at the billing counter.
Mobile advertising: This is another incredible graphics and advertisement options find on trucks and buses, and they seem to be mobile. You can find in crowded cities.
Billboards: Are most effective and displayed in the popular locations in the area close by, also placed next to high-traffic highways as well as along less-traveled roads in non-urban areas. Because of their high cost, they are usually used to reach a very large audience, as in political campaigns.
Digital: Is a popular digital billboard which can display hundreds types of advertisement. It displays videos and animations. They made them significantly for eyes to see. You can see this billboard in York City-Times Square.
Street furniture: It’s arranged or formats such as, bus shelters, news racks, mail kiosks, and telephone booth advertising. This form of OOH advertising mainly seen in urban.
Traditional roadside billboards: Endure the predominant form of advertisement in the US with 66% of total annual revenue. This day, billboard revenue is 73% local ads, 18% national ads, and 9% public service ads.
Transit advertising: This is one of the best or excellent advertisements which can target the tourists, commuters, and people in the city.
Lamp post advertising: This is very common advertising which you can fine in some of the main areas. Lamp post banners are really noticeable at night by the streetlight, to makes some person pay attention to the poster.